Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery in Seattle, WA
Dr. Jung, the leading expert in minimally invasive spine (MIS) surgery, is the go-to professional in Seattle and the surrounding areas of Bellevue, Redmond, and the Eastside of Seattle. At his advanced spine center, Dr. Jung utilizes state-of-the-art technologies and advanced imaging to safely assess your spine without the need for larger incisions. Trust Dr. Jung’s expertise and experience firsthand the benefits of minimally invasive techniques. Schedule your consultation today and take the first step towards a healthier spine.
What Is Minimally-Invasive Surgery?
Incisions are usually less than one inch! Dr. Jung uses special surgical tools to access the damaged area of your spine without harming the muscles and tissue around it. When compared to traditional -or- “open” procedures, MIS consistently sees better outcomes.
What are the Benefits of Minimally-Invasive Surgery?
- Less Pain
- Smaller Scars
- Less Blood Loss
- Smaller Risk of Infection
- Shorter Hospital Stay
- Cutting-Edge Technology
Listen as Dr. Jung Discusses the Benefits of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
IRG President and CEO Shannon O’Kelley discusses Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery with Dr. Edward Jung.
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Instructions
Due to COVID precautions, please be sure that you arrive as close to your CHECK-IN time as possible. You will receive a call from our staff one to two days prior to your procedure regarding your check-in time.
Transportation: If you are receiving anesthesia for your procedure, you will need to arrange for someone 18 years of age or older to take you home. You cannot drive on the day of your procedure as it is not safe to drive. Your procedure may be canceled if you arrive without a responsible adult to drive you home. Your driver must be available by phone or in the main floor lobby at the time of your discharge, approximately 2 hours after your check-in time. You cannot take a taxi, ride share, Hopelink ride, or bus unless you have a responsible adult to ride with you. If you are NOT receiving sedation, then you do not need a driver/responsible adult with you and can arrange for your choice of transportation.
Parking is available outside our surgical center which is located on the 1st floor of our building.
Bring To Your Appointment:
- Current Medication List
- Insurance Card
- Co-Pay (If needed)
- If you use an albuterol inhaler, please bring it to your appointment.
Please leave valuables at home, or secure them with your escort. Please remove any loose jewelry from the neck above prior to arriving at the facility.
- Call your insurance if you have any questions about your insurance coverage for your procedure.
- We contract with Matrix Anesthesia to provide anesthesia services for your procedure.
- Call your insurance if you have any questions about your insurance coverage for anesthesia.
5 Days Prior to Procedure:
- STOP taking Aspirin, Advil, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Excedrin, Naproxen, or any other Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID). Tylenol may be taken for pain as needed.
- Blood Thinners: Patients taking blood thinner medications such as Coumadin (Warfarin), Plavix (Clopidogrel), Eliquis (apixaban), Pradaxa (dabigatran), or Xarelto (rivaroxaben) require medical clearance to hold prior to your procedure.
- If you take Phentermine for weight loss: Please hold Phentermine for 4 days prior to your procedure; Phentermine combined with anesthesia may be harmful and the anesthesia provider may need to cancel your procedure if you have not been holding this medication.
Your prescriptions have been sent to your pharmacy.
- FILL your prescription for pain and a stool softener.
1 Day Before:
- After midnight, do not eat any solid food or liquids.
- If you test positive for COVID within 4 weeks of your scheduled procedure, please call (206) 860-5578 to reschedule your procedure at least 4 weeks from testing positive.
After Your Procedure:
- Adhere to restrictions of no heavy lifting >10 lbs, avoiding twisting, bending, and turning of your spine until your post-operative visit in 2-3 weeks.
- Your questions are important! Please call if you have any questions or concerns. We are available Monday through Friday 8AM to 5PM. Our number is (206) 860-5578
Cancellations: Please call (206) 860-5578 if you need to cancel or re-schedule your procedure. Cancellations or re-scheduling should be done at least 1-2 weeks in advance of your procedure, failure to cancel within 1 week or greater advance notice may results in penalty charges.
Schedule a Consultation for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery in Seattle, WA
If you are seeking minimally invasive spine surgery in Seattle, WA, don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation with Dr. Edward Jung. With his dedicated approach, Dr. Jung will carefully assess your condition and discuss the most suitable treatment options. He believes in actively involving patients in their care by providing education and addressing any questions they may have. Conveniently located near Kirkland, Bellevue, Redmond, and the Eastside of Seattle, Dr. Jung’s spine center is readily accessible. To determine if you are a candidate for minimally invasive spine surgery, please contact our office at (206) 860-5578 or request an appointment online. Take the first step towards improving your spine health today.